Starting this May celebrations will begin across the Commonwealth for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Not only will these celebrations celebrate 60 years of Her Majesty’s reign, but centuries of British history and tradition. Britain’s across the Commonwealth will be joining together in celebrations ranging from traditional street parties to public ceremonies.
Team Tactics are offering luxury corporate experiences and hospitality at some of the country’s biggest events, ensuring that our clients can become a part of the biggest celebration of the 21st century. Below you’ll find our 7 unmissable corporate events for 2012 that are part of or allow you to mark Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee year. For more information on these events please contact us on 01227 738280 or email [email protected]
- Rule Britannia. To mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee you can spend an evening aboard what was the one place Her Majesty was quoted as saying she could really relax in the company of friends and family – The Royal Yacht Britannia, now moored in Leith, Edinburgh.
Having been welcomed with the ceremonial piping aboard, the musical entertainment begins over cocktails and canapés in the yacht’s drawing room. After a private guided show round of the vessel, you will be invited to the State Dining Room for a delicious four course dinner with traditional butler service. Popular songs, patriotic music and comic ditties, will be performed by soloists from The Royal Opera House in London.
- Beating Retreat. On two successive evenings this June a magnificent pageant of military music, precision drill and colour takes place on Horse Guards Parade in the heart of London when the Massed Bands of the Household Division carry out the Ceremony of Beating Retreat. It is an unforgettable evening as 300 musicians, drummers and pipers perform this age-old ceremony at the magnificent Horse Guards Parade as dusk approaches.
Most notably, during this, the year of the Diamond Jubilee, the salute will be taken by Her Majesty The Queen or another member of The Royal Family. You may combine this superb evening with an exclusive dining experience at Mosimann’s private dining club.
- Leonardo Da Vinci: Anatomy at The Queen’s Gallery. Join Team Tactics for a very special evening event, combining a tour of The Queen’s Gallery followed by a superior dinner at Mosimann’s private dining club in Belgravia. A private & exclusive tour is led by a private historian. Guests will enjoy their guided tour then relax and mingle around the gallery at their leisure. A glass of wine will be served in the souvenir shop where guests may wish to purchase from. There will be a 20% discount for any purchases.
From May till October the Queen’s Gallery will be holding the largest ever exhibition of Leonardo da Vinci’s studies of the human body. Leonardo has long been recognised as one of the great artists of the Renaissance, but he was also a pioneer in the understanding of human anatomy. Leonardo’s anatomical drawings have been in the Royal Collection since at least 1690.
- Private Evenings at Buckingham Palace. A rare opportunity available only for limited dates during the year, private tours at Buckingham Palace enable guests to view the State Rooms exclusively for the evening. Led by a guide, our private tours take guests through State Rooms including the Throne Room and past countless works of art on display. Team Tactics can incorporate either a luxury dining experience Mosimann’s in Belgravia or afternoon tea at The Ritz as part of the guests’ experience.
Exclusively this year Buckingham Palace will be exhibiting Diamond: A Jubilee Celebration. This spectacular exhibition shows the many ways in which diamonds have been used by British monarchs over the last 200 years and how many of these extraordinary stones have undergone a number of transformations during their fascinating history.
- Private Evenings at Windsor Castle. Team Tactics are delighted to be able to offer a very special evening event, combining an exclusive private evening tour of Windsor Castle followed by a superior dinner at the Waterside Inn, Bray, owned by the legendary Roux family. The best way to view Windsor Castle, our corporate evening’s allow guests to see the world’s oldest and largest castle after it has closed it door’s to the public, allowing guests to view behind-the-scenes life of the castle and areas not normally open to the public.
We combine a totally exclusive tour with an expert guide at Windsor Castle after the gates have been closed to the public. Your guests will be guided through the State Apartments, and from February 4th 2012 to January 2013, the Sixty photographs for Sixty Years exhibition will be showing. Sixty photographs of The Queen, including the work of leading press photographers of the past six decades, are brought together for a display at Windsor Castle to celebrate Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee. This very special experience finishes with a glass of champagne served in the China Museum.
- Diamond Jubilee Pageant. The Pageant is a unique event – a perfect way to celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and entertain your guests in an event that will not be forgotten. The Queen will attend on the Sunday evening performance and coverage from the three day event will be broadcast exclusively by ITV.
The Pageant truly is an exclusive hospitality opportunity, in which guests will receive first class catering, superb facilities, all at one of the biggest global events of the 21st century. There are a range of hospitality packages available from private boxes with superb views of the Pageant, to informal themed buffets with Royal Grandstand seating.
- Epsom Derby Festival. Noted by the Queen as the most famous event in the world’s racing calendar, the Epsom Derby Festival is the home to the world’s greatest flat race and is an exclusive and glamorous event quite unlike any other. The vibrant festival enjoys a superb atmosphere, stunning hospitality facilities and fantastic racing. With over 125,000 people enjoying the Derby, Epsom Downs combines an electric atmosphere, history and glamour with stunning hospitality facilities.
The 2012 Epsom Derby Festival is special in that it is the first official engagement of Her Majesty the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations. Team Tactics are delighted to offer excellent corporate hospitality at Epsom Downs, giving you the opportunity to take in all the action on the track and on stage with the stunning panorama of the Downs as your backdrop.