Henley Festival is now just over a week away and we’re becoming very excited for our hospitality guests! This year’s line-up is perhaps it’s best yet and highlights yet again Henley Festival’s ability to attract legends of the music world. As corporate members, we’re able to offer our clients wonderful Henley Festival hospitality packages, with tailor made hospitality in the Albert Roux at the Riverside Restaurant and the La Scala Restaurant.
Walking along the banks of the Thames you’ll be greeted by an amazing array of sights with artists exhibiting their sculptures and paintings. The Festival also features ‘Roving Eccentrica’, a company of different acts who interact with guests. There’s n incredible amount to see at Henley and so we’ve put together a top 5 list of the must see events over the course of it.
- Sting. What can we say here?! Sting is a musical legend accomplishing more than most throughout his career. He’s a CBE, Rock and Roll and Songwriters Hall of Famer and has won many awards including 16 Grammy’s, 3 Brit Awards, an Emmy and a Golden Globe.
- Showstopper! The Improvised Musical. After wowing critics and crowds alike at the Edinburgh Festival as well as London’s West End, You’ll be able to watch this award-winning musical everyday but Sunday in Café Du Soir (10.45pm). Each performance is unique with the performers using audience suggestions to create their catchy melodies and dazzling dance routines!
- Military Wives Choir. The Military Wives Choir have been on an awe-inspiring journey since first being set up by Gareth Malone as part of BBC series The Choir. The incredible success of the original choir led to the Military Wives Choir Foundation’s formation which has seen over 22 choirs established in many military bases. Henley Festival’s Floating Stage will be welcome the Military Wives Choir from Lympstone in Devon on the Thursday. This particular choir played their part in the hugely successful No.1 album from the Military Wives Choir, ‘In My Dreams’.
- Robin Ince’s Bad Book Club. Robin Ince isn’t your typical comedian. Guests will find themselves exploring topics such as evolution and the human consciousness. Head to the Salon Stand Up at 10.45pm on Thursday to join Robin’s exploration of the human condition, filled with Schrödinger’s cats, multiverses and evolutionary conundrums!
- Lumina The Laser Violinist. Everyday before the Firework Spectacular Lumina will astound guests with a unique laser and music extravaganza held on the Riverside Lawn. Lumina actually plays her electric violin with a beam of laser light and manipulates the lasers around her. There really just isn’t anything quite like this performance!
Finally a special mention has to go the Fireworks Spectacular. We purposely didn’t include it on this list as we find it’s a given that you’ll watch this incredible end performance, created by Pains Fireworks! Every year the number one topic for feedback is the fireworks finale which leaves all guests on an absolute high. Set to music the Fireworks Spectacular will eave all guests on an absolute high and ready for the rest of their night!
There’s almost too much to see at the Festival and so let us know if you think we’ve missed anyone from this list or if you’re set to perform or exhibit your talents at the magical Henley Festival!