Christmas is always a time to celebrate, but 2012 has to be particularly special. This year we celebrated The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with a National Holiday turning the streets of Britain red, white and blue. And now we’re staging the biggest event on the planet, the Olympics generating a swell of national pride and national heroes Jessica Ennis, Mo Farah, Ben Ainsley and Bradley Wiggins joining the likes of Sir Steve Redgrave and Sir Chris Hoy.
We’ll likely be celebrating our success this year well into the next (anyone fancy betting on the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year?) and so what better time to make your own mark on a vintage year for Britain than with your own memorable Christmas party? Below our 5 Christmas party ideas that will impress your colleagues and leave a lasting impression on them for years to come.
1. Snow Globe. Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre offers a special combination of British history and elegant style making it an excellent venue for your Christmas party, whether entertaining clients or celebrating with staff. With our exclusive Snow Globe package, guests will arrive in true Christmas style with a cocktail and an hour’s ice carving session in which they’ll make their own Santa’s Head ice sculpture! Perfect as a short but fun activity, ice carving will is a fantastic addition to the evening, sure to leave a positive impression. After ice carving it’s onto the beautiful Balcony Room, which enjoys spectacular views across the Thames towards St Paul’s Cathedral, where guests will enjoy a sumptuous three-course Christmas dinner.
2. Carols By Candlelight. The Thames River Pageant was, despite the rain, one of the highlights of the year. Over 1,000 special vessels made their way through Central London including the Spirit of Chartwell which contained key members of the Royal family. However the title of favourite vessel of Her Majesty goes to the Royal Yacht Britannia, which is now moored in Leith, Edinburgh. Carols By Candlelight is a very special evening of entertainment and fine dining aboard the Britannia this December. Guests will experience the rich tradition of the vessel with a traditional piping aboard, tour and carols by the Grand Piano, not to mention a three-course Christmas dinner served in the State Dining Room.
3. Yuletide On The Thames. Our Thames Power Blast is one of the most impressive corporate events we offer which is exactly why we’ve combined it with Christmas lunch at Gordon Ramsey’s gastropub The Narrow. In our opinion there are few things more quaint or Christmassy than a British pub at Christmas time, with hearty food and a relaxed atmosphere the perfect tonic to the cold days. Guests will enjoy a homely three-course Christmas lunch at The Narrow but not before an exhilarating hour aboard a RIB on the Thames. After guests have powered past famous London landmarks such as Big Ben and The London Eye they’ll moor up at The Narrow.
4. Brands Hatch Ball. Immerse yourself in the glamour and sophistication of the motorsport world this Christmas by celebrating the festive season at Brands Hatch with the shared party night Brands Hatch Ball. Our festive event offers you the opportunity to party with friends and colleagues against the unique backdrop of the Brands Hatch Indy circuit, within a luxury function suite in the lavish MotorSport Vision Centre.
5. Christmas Classic Private Screening. Our private screening’s offer a special experience that you won’t find at your local cinema! We’ve several fabulous private screening rooms in Central London which offer a stylish venue for entertaining this Christmas. We screen a Christmas classic whilst guests can relax in the large luxurious chairs and enjoy a range of goodies such as Hershey’s chocolate bars, popcorn, mini hot dogs and burgers and ice cream tubs. We can also offer Christmas lunch or dinner in an adjoining private dining room, making our screening’s the complete Christmas package!
If you like the sound of these special office Christmas party ideas or wanted to discuss more of our ideas then contact us today to talk to one of the team. We’re always excited by our range of Christmas events and would love to help you celebrate our favourite time of the year in style.