Where and When Are All The Markets?
London is a big place and they have plenty going on around Christmas Time. Let’s face it, it is the best time of the year. Lots of love, drink and food! The Christmas markets also make their way back into town, with so many how does one decide on where to go. Well don’t worry we are here to help! Here is a list of five Christmas markets in London.
- Leicester Square Christmas Market! From Nov 8 to Jan 5 – This market is in the heart of London’s tourist district. This Christmas market has returned for the winter season! Take a stroll around the wonderful food and gift stalls, then head into the Spiegeltent where you will find award-winning performances.
- Southbank Winter Festival! From Nov 8 to Jan 5 – At this riverside Christmas market, not far from the London Eye, the perennial Southbank street food market vendors will be adding festive fare to their menus (melted cheese on everything, please!) while other little wooden huts will be selling festive goodies and gifts. Experience the thrill at Circus 1903 or take a seat for a heart-warming performance of an old favourite, Black Beauty. Check out the sensory play installation Sound pit, have a giggle and groove to Fascinating Aïda.
- Winter Wonderland, Hyde Park! From Nov 21 to Jan 5 – This Christmas fun fair is very popular it’s the perfect day trip and family fun day out. It is home to the UK’s largest outdoor ice rink and has its very own Ice Bar. Lots of food stalls, German beer tents and karaoke huts. Great news Entrance is free, but attractions are not.
- Maltby Street Night Market! From Dec 14 and 21 – This Market does run all year round however they spice it up around Christmas time. Perfect place for late night shopping and lots of festive treats to try. You could then wash this all down in the Maltby Street Market bar, I’ve heard it’s the best G&T’s around and it’s very warm and cosy.
- The London Artisan’s Winter Edition, Brixton! (Dec 1) and Brick Lane (Dec 21 & 20)– This market is the perfect place to purchase everything and anything handmade, organic and sustainable. They make the perfect gifts! Shop with a purpose. Featuring 50 contemporary designer makers, you can expect a beautiful selection of jewellery, glassware, ceramics, homewares, beauty products, and more. There’ll be opportunities to meet the designers, and chances to buy or commission products.
How Can I Book?
There are in fact over 20 Christmas Markets around London so plenty of choices. There is something for everyone. Have you ever thought about visiting the Ice Bar to do a team building event? Well we can do just that, check out our Chisel all the way event. We also have plenty of other Christmas team building events to pick from.