Thames Power Blast – A ‘Traffic Stopping’ Experience
Social Distanced Team Building
- –Prior to the event, we will ask the client to check that none of their attendees is suffering from Coronavirus related symptoms or have been in contact with anyone suffering from Coronavirus.
- –Face coverings should be worn on the Pier and it is at passenger’s discretion as to whether they are worn whilst on-board the vessels.
- –We ask passengers to arrive 15 minutes before departure, to allow kit-up and safety brief. If you arrive earlier you will not yet have access to the pier because of social distancing measures.
- –Additional hand sanitiser station is available upon arrival for your use.
- –Lifejackets will be thoroughly disinfected between each use; time will be allowed to ensure this takes place. Crew will ensure hands are sanitised prior to undertaking this task.
- –Vessels will be fully sanitised at start of day, in between trips and again at the end of the day.
- Areas with regular hand contact, such as counters, handrails and gates, will be cleaned with disinfectant on a regular basis.
- –Our crew will be positioned at the helm behind a protective screen during your experience which observes the safe social distancing protocol.
- –We will be taking smaller bookings per boat to ensure that you are not sitting directly next to other passengers.
- (Please note photos on this page were taken prior to 2020)
“Sheer exhilaration”….. Nothing comes close to the excitement and immediacy of a RIB. Running 8 matched boats powered by 225HP engines at speeds of up to 50mph through central London is simply an utterly stunning ‘traffic stopping’ experience.
RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boats) are usually used by the Special Forces of the World and other Police Agencies.. they are a formidable sight on The Thames. These boats are designed to be used in extreme conditions and therefore are extremely robust, stable and safe! The event is closely coordinated with the Port of London Authority and the River Police, marshaled by Thames Watermen and we always operate with both a safety boat and a paramedic.
The Thames Power Blast is a fantastic corporate event, guaranteed to impress staff and clients alike as they power down the Thames, taking in the world famous sights of London from an entirely new perspective. The event lasts approximately 1-2 hours and is therefore ideal to run either before or after a meeting, presentation or product launch. Alternatively why not combine the Thames Power Blast with our Cab Clue Trail and lunch in the London Eye to make a ‘Land, Sea and Air’ event in central London. This event would run over the course of a day and is a great team building day out in London.
“Being on the water was great fun and the guys steering it were friendly, funny and full of great facts which kept everyone entertained. Would definitely recommend.” – Phillipa Proctor
Prices for Thames Power Blast
|Option 1 – Thames Power Blast||£645.00 per boat (12 capacity)|
|Option 2 – Land, Sea & Air||
‘Land’ – Standard Treasure Hunt £55pp
‘Sea’ – £645.00 per boat
‘Air’ – £625 per pod (25 capacity)
Please contact Team Tactics for a specific price as this event is dependent upon group size
|Option 3 – James Bond, Shaken Not Stirred||£645.00 per boat and an additional £55.00 per person|
*Prices exclude VAT
KEEPING EACH OTHER SAFE
We understand it has been difficult to plan ahead in recent times. This is why we are providing you with a COVID guarantee on all of our team building activities. This means that if you or any of the group are unable to attend due to local or national restrictions we will help you rearrange the activity to a suitable date free of charge. However, we can now look ahead to a time where teams can come back together at a safe distance by following strict Covid regulations. At Team Tactics we love bringing teams together albeit virtually over the last few months. If you are planning the team reunion or are looking to bring your team back to your offices, we are here to provide safe socially distanced team building activities.
Thames Power Blast – 1-2 hours
Gather at either Embankment or London Eye Pier or any Central London Pier or by arrangement. After a comprehensive safety briefing, our fully qualified skippers will take you down to the boarding area to ‘kit up’ with oilskins and life jackets. Head into the Thames in tight Vic ‘V’ formation and prepare to power up speed of 30 knots. You will enjoy the slick formation changes as we go under bridges and between narrow gaps.
The route will take us past all the major London landmarks from the Dome to the MI5 building including high speed runs past Parliament, the London Eye, under the Millennium Bridge, under Tower Bridge etc. Once into the open River by Canary Wharf, we run at full throttle and demonstrate why Ribs are so much fun before turning and retracing our steps to the boarding point.
- Ideally 12 persons per RIB
- Oilskins per person
- Qualified skipper
- 1-2 hours of sheer exhilaration in Central London
Land Sea & Air Central London – Full day event
Combine the Thames Power Blast with our famous Cab Clue Trail and an optional light lunch and champagne aboard The London Eye and you have experienced an amazing day of Land Sea and Air events. Half of the group will spend 2 hours on the RIBS whilst the other half competes in our Cab Clue Trail. Having had lunch aboard the London Eye, swap over and you have had one of the best corporate days available in London.
- Thames Power Blast (as above)
- Cab Clue Trail
- Optional Light lunch and champagne served on the London Eye
- Team Tactics full event management
James Bond – Shaken Not Stirred
We’ve developed this special trip to take you to many of the landmarks featured in the Bond movies – but this isn’t an undercover operation – be prepared for a thrilling ride in true Bond fashion. Guests will have their Bond knowledge put to the test with an intriguing quiz.
As our sleek RIB snakes its way along the River Thames and through the very heart of London, past many of the locations featured in the famous books and films (MI5 and MI6), our debonair skipper will open up the engines and speed off at high speed towards the O2 as it emulates the opening sequence of the classic Bond film “The World Is Not Enough”.
- High-powered speed boat ride
- Trained guides
- James Bond Quiz
- High-speed fun pursuit
- Qualified skipper
- Approximately 1 1/2 hours